Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hard to Get

Is there a moment when you look at a relationship you have with a potential guy and think "hey, I'm being pretty open and he is playing it off like he's not interested..." The classic move for any girl or guy is to play hard to get. Not me ladies and gents...I'm hard to handle. But I sometimes ask myself, if a guy that I like is playing hard to get with me, how many other girls is he playing? Life is viewed in many ways, and to most guys I go after, it's a game.

I have tried to understand the concept of playing the field, and playing guys of each other...It's not me. Most of my friends think that I am some girl who gets drunk and hooks up with a weekend fling. NOT TRUE! Yes, I'll admit that when I've had a few tequila shots, I tend to do some crazy things, but I have never intentionally hurt someone that I know of.

So here it is...I quit. I won't play along to your stupid games of hard to get or hard to handle. You are who you are, and I am who I am. I don't chase boys, I replace them. I am not interested in mind games. You say its to avoid getting hurt, but the last time I checked, relationships are about vulnerability and trust. Being vulnerable comes with risks, but I'm not willing to take them if you're not willing to.

So here's some advice to whoever is out in the blogging world...don't play games. Be honest, truthful, and straight to the point. If you don't want to get hurt, then don't lead an innocent friendship into something else and mislead a person...you may not get hurt, but others will...

No comments: